Jr. Security Engineer
Published: 1 week ago
Remote location requirement
105K - 125.8K $ / year
8.8K - 10.5K $ / month
Please mention that you are coming from remoteyay.com when applying for this job.
Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything.
This job was originally posted on https://remotive.com/
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 400 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
The Infrastructure Security team plays a vital role in identifying and mitigating risks within the Mural infrastructure as well as partnering with other engineering teams to recommend updates and features that enhance security for our customers.YOUR MISSION
As a Jr Security Engineer, you will work within the security team to help maintain and support the organization's security posture. The primary responsibility is to assist in implementing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting security tools and technologies for protecting the organization's assets against internal and external threats.WHAT YOU'LL DO
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies:
- Monitor security alerts, events, and incidents, and provide initial analysis and response.
- Respond to security incidents and provide analysis and remediation recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining security systems and tools, SIEM, vulnerability management, DLP and antivirus software.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration testing of the organization's infrastructure and systems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, and controls.
- Provide support for security-related audits and compliance initiatives.
- Educate end-users on safe security practices and policies.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest security trends, threats, and technologies.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Understanding of SaaS environments
- Experience with log analytics and threat hunting
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and techniques
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Fair understanding of Linux, Networking, and Cryptography fundamentals
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve security issues
- Experience with incident response activities
If you have participated in public or private Bug Bounty programs, or have any other open source or community contributions, presentations, or blog posts in the security space, please share it with us!
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $105,400 - $125,800 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.Equal Opportunity
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Relevant remote job opportunities in your inbox every week!
Subscribe to job offers
Get relevant remote job opportunities to your inbox every week.