Freelance frontend browser extension developer
Published: 1 week ago
Remote location requirement
100K - 170K $ / year
8.3K - 14.2K $ / month
Please mention that you are coming from remoteyay.com when applying for this job.
Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything.
This job was originally posted on https://remoteok.com/
About the product
TABLERONE is a browser extension that saves tabs and a lot of time. It does what modern browsers should do but don't — enable you to close and continue sessions later, batch-process URLs, browse collaboratively, and organise a life-time worth of information found online. Like Google Photos but for links.
About the project
Seeking an experienced developer willing to commit their brainpower full-time (40h/week) on a freelance basis for approximately 2 months.
Initial engagement scope:
- Design extension’s architecture for expanding support for Safari and Firefox
- Overhaul extension’s core tab management and auto-saving engine
- Implement support for browser Tab Groups
- Revamp extension’s GUI
- Implement support for keyboard navigation
- Add new analytics events and metrics
- Fix bugs and issues
Potential continued engagement:
- Develop cloud sync with client-side encryption
- Develop a premium SaaS product (subscriptions)
You will be working remotely and async on a well-documented codebase that was recently revamped to Manifest V3 in a team of experienced engineers under a solid technical leadership.
Compensation: Flexible - name your price
Must have qualifications
- Front-end expert or FE-focused full-stack know-how
- Past architect or lead developer role(s)
- Prior experience developing browser extensions (Manifest V3)
- Experience developing 0-1 and at scale
- Likes UI engineering and has eye for details
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with React
- Familiarity with IndexedDB
- Experience developing a local-first webapp
- Familiarity with CouchDB and PouchDB
- Back-end development experience (Node.js and/or PHP)
- At least 4h overlap with GMT(+1)
- Self-directed and independent execution
- Collaborate with the team to find optimal implementation solutions
- Proactive async communication
- On need-to basis video call meetings
Why you should join
- Possibility of part-equity compensation
- ‘Zero knowledge’ architecture technical challenge
- Opportunity to create a useful product to be proud of
Please mention the word **SELECTIVE** and tag RODkuMTM0LjE3NC4xODY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RODkuMTM0LjE3NC4xODY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Relevant remote job opportunities in your inbox every week!
Subscribe to job offers
Get relevant remote job opportunities to your inbox every week.