Junior Software Engineer
Published: 1 week ago
Remote location requirement
27.5K - 32.5K £ / year
2.3K - 2.7K £ / month
Please mention that you are coming from remoteyay.com when applying for this job.
Beware of scams! When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay anything.
This job was originally posted on https://remotive.com/
At TixTrack, we support our clients by creating superior ticketing solutions for performing arts, cultural institutions, attractions and immersive experiences through a combination of modern technology, beautifully simple design, and the art of listening.
Founded in Los Angeles, we are a small, but growing team of hardworking, highly motivated individuals. We are passionate about our work and driven to innovate with our customers to solve current and future challenges with new solutions.
With a presence across both the US and international markets such as the UK and New Zealand, we are anticipating robust growth in 2023-24.
Even with a highly dispersed, largely remote workforce, we stay connected through our Slack channels, virtual events and regional meetups. Come see how we “role”.Job Summary
The Junior Software Engineer provides a first level of engineering support after traditional customer support channels fail to resolve a production system issue. This role helps to design, build, and maintain computer software systems, participating in the development process from beginning to end. This position reports directly to the Lead Back End Engineer.
This position is full-time and fully remote. Candidates must reside in the United Kingdom.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor servers for incoming errors and alerting metrics.
- Code solutions to software defects and to eliminate unnecessary system noise.
- Contribute actively to product knowledge base and other product related documentation.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing systems.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Ensure software is updated with latest features.
- Work closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities, that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- One or more years of software engineering or development experience.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, DNS, networking, storage, logging and monitoring tools preferred.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, testing strategies, and deployment practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps and site reliability tactics and tools preferred.
- Hands on experience writing code using an object-oriented language.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and use deductive reasoning to solve difficult production issues.
- Possess a strong resolve to see long-running tasks through from inception to resolution.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and attention to details skills.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
Find Harmony - We confidently manage our work priorities and feel comfortable taking time to enjoy life outside of work.
Have a Clear View - We are transparent and honest, understand our roles, and know how we contribute.
Be a Fan - We are passionate about our work and driven to innovate with our customers to solve current and future challenges with new solutions.
Welcome All - We are a diverse group of employees that come together as a team, without ego, and do great work.
Perform at Your Best – We are committed to our customers success, always willing to listen and improve, to ensure our products exceed expectations.Commitment to Diversity
TixTrack is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. We strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation ("protected characteristics").
We strive to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged, & respected. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace.
We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values diversity, equity, and inclusion.Compensation & Perks
- Base annual salary range of £27,500 - £32,500, commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on performance and company success
- Learning & development opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Remote work environment
*No Agencies Please*
Your data will be processed in accordance with our Staff Privacy Notice. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood our Staff Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found here. Should you have any questions on our Staff Privacy Notice, please contact [email protected].
Senior Mobile Engineer - React Native
80K - 88K £ / year
1 week ago
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Relevant remote job opportunities in your inbox every week!
Subscribe to job offers
Get relevant remote job opportunities to your inbox every week.